Journey with our pastor, Rev. William H. Lamar IV, as we launch a congregational book, and group book discussions on August 3, 2014 to strengthen the church’s ministry toward Reaching All Generations.
Ten Reasons to Read the Book: Reaching People Under 40 While Keeping People Over 60
- The Pastor asked us to read it.
- The book offers understanding of the differences in our generations and cultures.
- As traditional church times, programs, buildings, music, staffing, dress and manners are diminished rather than elevated, the book provides a framework for considering ways to adapt and grow.
- The book has a rich set of references of books, periodicals and online resources which expand the points and arguments in the book.
- The book is flavored with stories with which all can identify with.
- The book is inspiring.
- Reading the book will encourage you to learn more about AME doctrine, traditions and teachings.
- The book is an easy read and a page turner.
- The book affirms much of what we experience in the church week in and week out.
- The book reinforces the importance of bible study.
For more information, and if you desire to be a part of the congregational book read and discussion, please forward your name, email address, and phone number to: Sis. Jocelyn Y. Harris at email@example.com, Bro. Leroy Nesbitt, Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Sis Anita Drayton Wood at email@example.com.