On Sunday, February 26, 2012, we celebrated the 51st anniversary of MAMEC’s The Sons and Daughters of Allen organization with the Norfolk State University Choir. The Sons and Daughters of Allen Organization was established in 1961 for the purpose of promoting and perpetuating black history within the church. The Norfolk State Choir is composed of more than 80 talented students; its popular “Green” and “Gold” units consist of 40 singers each, and its portfolio includes all musical genres. As winners of numerous accolades including the prestigious Marian Anderson Award, the Norfolk State University Choirs have been under the baton of outstanding, talented, and dedicated music educators since their inception in 1945.
- Norfolk State University Choir at MAMEC – February 26, 2012
- Feb. 27th – Wilberforce University Choir Concert
- The Men’s Choir Sings at Washington Folk Festival
- View Photos from Handel’s Messiah 2011 Presentation
- Download the Winter 2011 Metropolitan Spirit Newsletter